Friday, April 12, 2013

S.W.A.G. tradeshow!!!

Yeah!! We went to SWAG earlier this week. It's a professional trade show up in Seattle, that connects wholesale designers ( Hubris Apparel) with buyers from stores in the region. It was pretty cool.

Our Sales Rep, Alisa Sloan of Cabana Reps, is a champ!! She actually broke her foot just a day before the show- but still packed up and drove all the way to Seattle. I decided to go up on Monday to check out the show, (I had never been to one,) and help her out if she needed to take a break, but she was totally fine- taking orders with an ice pack on her foot! She's kinda Amazing.

I learned a lot by going - all about signage and displays; and how awkward I am talking to strangers. EEK!
I finally met a couple of Boutique owners and Designers that I have worked with/around, but had never had the chance to meet, placed a few orders, and scheduled a trunk show at Sassafras up in Seattle for June 1st. 
All in all- a productive day, even without doing any sewing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment